Thursday, December 30, 2010

Funny Face

I firmly believe that you can learned life lessons from anyone and anything if you look for it. I mean, even the famous New York Yankee (woot woot!) Yogi Berra was full of wise words: "If the world was perfect, it wouldn't be."  


For those of you classic movie fans (ahem.... Rebecca!) you know this next quote to be from none other than Audrey Hepburn. She is without a doubt my favorite actress of all time. And no, I have no deep spiritual explanation for this admiration. I just love her work! 


“I was asked to act when I couldn't act. I was asked to sing 'Funny Face' when I couldn't sing, and dance with Fred Astaire when I couldn't dance - and do all kinds of things I wasn't prepared for. Then I tried like mad to cope with it.” 


So, what can we learn from this luminary who "had it all together"?  Even our classic heros and Hollywood stars who seem to be living the life they'd always dreamed of have to deal with the cards dealt to them. Audrey Hepburn didn't feel prepared for her role in "Funny Face"; but did she give up? Thank goodness no! As a result, we can now watch her stunning performance with Fred Astaire in this exemplar film.   


In my own life, things have not been panning out like I planned. Nothing horrific or awful, just my own personal "Funny Face" kind of year. Am I going to let the fear of the unknown paralyze me or will I "try like mad to cope with it"? 

What are your "Funny Face" situations? Will you rise up to the challenge and let God use you? 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment